Installing WordPress is very simple process. There are few easy steps to be followed to install WordPress. In this tutorial, we are going to see those steps.
WordPress requires PHP and MySQL. So, before installing we need to ensure that we have PHP and MySQL in our local environment where we want to install WordPress. Once we installed the WordPress will be upgraded automatically.
WordPress Installation Steps
- Download the latest zip file from WordPress official website.
- Extract the zip file into htdocs folder of your PHP root directory.
- Save wp-config-sample.php as wp-config.php to configure WordPress with your own setting.
- Open PHPMyAdmin(any other database client) and database for the WordPress project.
- Run wp-admin/install.php and enter all the mandatory information and submit the form. It will redirect us to login.
This Wordpress code tutorial was published on April 12, 2013.
↑ Back to Top