Iris is special because it is light-weight, performance-sensitive and 100% SEO optimized.
Iris is better than any other contact form that you can find on the Internet. Because, it has a high conversion rate, with frictionless UI / UX.
You will enjoy the ease of installation and customization.
Purpose of a contact form is to act as a communication bridge between two parties. It should not glorify itself and be an obstruction in the communication process.
The goal of Iris is that it should be subtle, efficient, unobtrusive, simple and easy to use.
The contact form is always a part of an existing setup.
- So it should be easy to customize and integrate.
- The contact form should be installed in less than two minutes.
- The design goal of Iris is that it should be as simple as possible to use.
- A person with very minimal or no knowledge in PHP should be able to install, setup and customize it in no time.
Iris is sleek and light-weight with a few kB of code. There is no framework dependency and written in plain core PHP. The UI/UX, performance, security and responsiveness are state-of-the-art.
- It will take less than 2 minutes to install, setup and configure. Yes!
- Using Iris, you can launch a standard contact form without any code customization.
- You can integrate Iris into your existing web page in the position you desire.
- It is possible to change the UI design flavor via configuration.
- Lot more configuration options are available.
- You should go through the live preview to know more about the rich options available.
UI form fields customization
- There are many configuration options available to change the form to suit your needs. Though this is delivered as a contact form, just with customization option you can configure it to any type of form. For example, you can change this into a web survey form easily.
- You can enable or disable every field via configuration. Yes, every field.
- You can change the required options for all fields via configuration.
- Change the field names (labels) via configuration.
- Just via the configuration you can add or modify values for the drop-down lists, checkbox group fields. No code change required.
- You can change the Iris UI completely, just by providing your own styles. To showcase that, a “Dark Mode” CSS style is added.
- Iris comes with different default configuration templates, to help you launch very quick. If any of the existing configuration suits you, it is all about loading it in few seconds. Check out the live preview.
- Will work well in mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop devices.
- Optimized for all viewports.
- Option to send email via SMTP
- PHP’s mail() (phpmail) which uses the web server default email server
- Sendmail – very few contact form has this feature.
- Qmail – I would say, almost there are no other contact forms that provide this feature.
- Option to set many recipients (TO), many copies (CC), many blind copies (BCC).
- There are two options to enable acknowledgement feature in the contact form.
- On Admin configuration, a dedicated unique acknowledgement email message can be sent to the user.
- On user’s preference, a copy (CC) of the same email message that is sent to the Admin can be sent to the user.
- You can attach many files in the contact form.
- You can control file types can via configuration.
- You can restrict file size via configuration.
- You can enable or disable attachments using configuration.
- The contact form comes with custom spam control options. It guards against automated bot submitted spams. This is spam control without any UI captchas. This is one killer feature and you cannot find it in any other contact forms available in Internet.
- If you prefer to use captchas, Google reCAPTCHA feature is available. You can enable or disable it using configuration.
- Supports multi-language.
- Every label, error message and success message you see in the contact form are specified in the language configuration file. You can change them easily without making any change to the code. This allows you to customize the form to larger extent and complete change the contact form UI as per your needs.
- There are many real time examples, where users bought this contact form and completely changed into different type of forms. For example, an application form, an event registration form, a quote submission form, a survey form and more.
- By default comes with support for
- English, Dutch, German, Polish and Spanish.
- Customers donated the translations and a huge thank you to them.
- You can create your own language file and enable your language within five minutes.
- This contact form is GDPR compliant. This is one of the very few “GDPR compliant contact form” available in the Internet.
- There is an option in the configuration to get consent from the user to process his information.
- The proof for user’s consent is a requirement in GDPR compliance. Hence the proof is added to the email message.
- Designed with conversion in focus.
- You can use Iris as the contact form if sales inquiry is critical in your website.
- Conversion is the primary goal and UI optimized to ensure that goal. The contact form will merge into your website in a seamless manner.
- This contact form follows minimal principle in all aspects of its design.
- The back-end engineering is minimal, simple and easy to understand.
- The UI is minimal and clean. So, it will sync with your existing setup without any huge effort.
- XSS cross-site forgery prevention is available.
- CSRF attack prevention.
- Brute-force throttled attack prevention.
- Two levels of validation, in UI and in server-side.
- Prevents multi-form submission.
Other salient features
- No database required.
- Option to redirect to another page (URI) after sending the message. If you need this, you can configure it in the options.
- No IP tracking and privacy issues.
- Cookies are not used.
- Send HTML email along with text format to support every type of readers.
- Possible to add the contact form many times in the same page without any conflict.
- With comprehensive code comments.
- Detailed documentation to help installation, setup, and customization.
The “Live Preview” button takes you to the live demo page of this contact form. Demo sends an email to me. If you wish to see how the email looks, use the option – 2 (Self Copy) to send a copy to yourself.
18 Oct 19 - Version 3.1.0:
- Added: German translation.
- Added: User's consent proof added to the message for GDPR compliance.
- Added: Option to redirect to a URI after sending the message.
- Added: Feature to send acknowledgement message to user.
- Fixed: Multi-language UTF-8 encoding issue on JSON encode and decode.
- Added: Flowcharts added to documentation.
12 Jul 19 - Version 3.0.4:
- Added: Dutch translation.
- Added: A field with checkbox group.
- Updated: CSS styles added to avoid collision with frameworks like materialize.
- Added: Localization support for PHPMailer error messages.
- Added: Algorithms added to documentation.
16 May 19 - Version 3.0.3:
- Added: French translation.
- Added: A field that can be used as a note to display information to user.
- Updated: CSS name collision avoided by handling styles as specific to Iris.
- Added: Soundasleep for text message instead of the regex based PHP conversion.
20 Jan 19 - Version 3.0.2:
- Updated: PHPMailer upgraded to version 6.0.7
- Updated: Folder structure re-organization to suit integration.
- Updated: Constants brought into Iris namespace from global.
- Fixed: Defect specific to PHP 7.2 in handling constants.
11 Oct 18 - Version 3.0.1
- Added: A field with radio buttons group.
- Added: PHP namespace for Iris.
- Fixed: Attachment validate of type of files.
- Updated: PHP version upgrade to support 7.3
19 Sep 18 - Version 2.3.1
- Added: Support for text mail to support text-email-client
readers via an external lib.
- Updated: Email message changed to templatized format for easy customization.
- Fixed: JSON parse error on AJAX error response.
14 Feb 18 - Version 2.3.0
- Added: Multi-language support - Support for Internationalization (i18n)
- Added: Support of Localization (l10n) for Polish language.
- Updated: Improved coding standard and structuring of constants.
3 Apr 17 - Version 2.2.0:
- Added: Spam protection for automatic bot submission spams.
- Added: Option to send email using mail()
- Added: CSS highlight for active field.
- Updated: PHP version upgrade to support 7.1, 7.2
17 Jan 17 - Version 2.1.0
- Updated: jQuery version upgraded
- Updated: Folder structure reorganized to modular form.
- Added: Support for text based email
- Added: Retain user input on form submission errors.
- Updated: PHP version upgrade to support 7.0
17 Jul 16 - Version 1.1.0
- Added: CSRF prevention.
- Added: Server side PHP fallback for JS validation
- Added: Feasibility for more than one contact form per page.
- Added: Support to detect unnatural quick submission by bots.
2 Mar 16 - Initial Release:
- Core development
- Core: Ajax based email without page refresh.
- Core: Attachment support.
- Core: Google reCAPTCHA v2
- Core: Responsive design
- Core: JS Validation.
- Core: Multi submission prevention.
- Core: SMTP server based. PHP's mail() added later.
- Core: Mobile friendly.
- Core: Multiple recipient, multiple CC, multiple BCC.