Iris is a contact form built for high conversion with optimized frictionless UI/UX.
Purpose of a contact form is to act as a communication bridge between two parties. It should not glorify itself and be an obstruction in the communication process.
The goal of Iris is that it should be subtle, efficient, unobtrusive, simple and easy to use.
Iris is easy to customize and integrate. The contact form is always a part of an existing setup.
- So it should be easy to customize and integrate.
- The contact form should get launched in less than two minutes.
- The design goal of Iris is that it should be as simple as possible.
- A person with very minimal or no knowledge in PHP should be able to install, setup and customize it in no time.
Iris is sleek and light-weight with a few kB of code. There is no framework dependency and written in plain core PHP. The UI/UX, performance, security and responsiveness are state-of-the-art.
Iris will serve the purpose with the greatest effect.
- It will take less than 2 minutes to install, setup and configure. Yes!
- Using Iris, you can launch a standard contact form without any code customization.
- You can integrate Iris into your existing web page in the position you desire.
- It is possible to change the UI design flavor via configuration.
- Lot more configuration options are available.
- You should go through the live preview to know more about the rich options available.
UI form fields customization
- There are many configuration options available to change the form to suit your needs.
- You can enable or disable every field via configuration.
- You can change the required options for all fields via configuration.
- Change the field names via configuration.
- Iris comes with different default configuration templates, to help you launch very quick. Check out the live preview.
- Will work well in mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop devices.
- Optimized for all viewports.
- Option to send email via SMTP, Sendmail, PHP’s mail().
- Option to set many recipients (TO), many copies (CC), many blind copies (BCC)
- You can attach many files.
- You can control file types can via configuration.
- You can restrict file size via configuration.
- You can enable or disable attachments using configuration.
- The contact form comes with custom spam control options. It guards against automated bot submitted spams. This is without any UI captchas.
- If you prefer to use captchas, Google reCAPTCHA feature is available. You can enable or disable it using configuration.
- Supports multi-language.
- By default comes with support for
- English, Dutch, German, Polish and Spanish.
- Customers donated the translations and a huge thank you to them.
- You can create your own language file and enable your language within five minutes.
- Designed with conversion in focus.
- You can use Iris as the contact form if sales inquiry is critical in your website.
- Conversion is the primary goal and UI optimized to ensure that goal. The contact form will merge into your website in a seamless manner.
- This contact form follows minimal principle in all aspects of its design.
- The back-end engineering is minimal, simple and easy to understand.
- The UI is minimal and clean. So, it will sync with your existing setup without any huge effort.
- XSS cross-site forgery prevention is available.
- CSRF attack prevention.
- Brute-force throttled attack prevention.
- Two levels of validation, in UI and in server-side.
- Prevents multi-form submission.
Other salient features
- No database required.
- Option to redirect to another page (URI) after sending the message. If you need this, you can configure it in the options.
- No IP tracking and privacy issues.
- Cookies are not used.
- GDPR compliant.
- Send HTML email along with text format to support every type of readers.
- Possible to add the contact form many times in the same page without any conflict.
- With comprehensive code comments.
- Detailed documentation to help installation, setup, and customization.
The “Live Preview” button takes you to the live demo page of this contact form. Demo sends an email to me. If you wish to see how the email looks, use the option – 2 (Self Copy) to send a copy to yourself.
12 Jul 19 - Version 3.0.4:
- Added: Dutch translation.
- Added: German translation.
- Added: Option to redirect to a URI after sending the message.
- Updated: CSS styles added to avoid colision with frameworks like materialize.
- Fixed: Multi-langauge utf-8 encoding issue on json encode and decode.
16 May 19 - Version 3.0.3:
- Updated: CSS name colision avoided by handling styles as specific to Iris.
- Added: Localization support for PHPMailer error messages.
- Added: Soundasleep for text message instead of the regex based PHP conversion.
20 Mar 19 - Version 3.0.2:
- Updated: PHPMailer upgraded to version 6.0.7
- Updated: Folder structure re-organization to suit integration.
- Updated: Constants brought into Iris namespace from global.
- Fixed: Defect specific to PHP 7.2 in handling constants.
11 Feb 19 - Version 3.0.1
- Added: PHP namespace for Iris.
- Fixed: Attachment validate of type of files.
- Updated: PHP version upgrade to support 7.3
19 Sep 18 - Version 2.3.1
- Added: Support for text mail to support text-email-client
readers via an external lib.
- Updated: Email message changed to templatized format for easy customization.
- Fixed: JSON parse error on AJAX error response.
14 Sep 18 - Version 2.3.0
- Added: Mult-language support - Support for Internationalization (i18n)
- Added: Support of Localization (l10n) for Polish language.
- Updated: Improved coding standard and structuring of constants.
3 Apr 18 - Version 2.2.0:
- Added: Spam protection for automatic bot submission spams.
- Added: Option to send email using mail()
- Added: CSS highlight for active field.
- Updated: PHP version upgrade to support 7.1, 7.2
17 Jan 17 - Version 2.1.0
- Updated: jQuery version upgraded
- Updated: Folder structure reorganized to modular form.
- Added: Support for text based email
- Added: Retain user input on form submission errors.
- Updated: PHP version upgrade to support 7.0
17 Jul 16 - Version 1.1.0
- Added: CSRF prevention.
- Added: Server side PHP fallback for JS validation
- Added: Feasibility for more than one contact form per page.
- Added: Support to detect unnatural quick submission by bots.
2 Mar 16 - Initial Release:
- Core development
- Core: Ajax based email without page refresh.
- Core: Attachment support.
- Core: Google reCAPTCHA v2
- Core: Responsive design
- Core: JS Validation.
- Core: Multi submission prevention.
- Core: SMTP server based. PHP's mail() added later.
- Core: Mobile friendly.
- Core: Multiple recipient, multiple CC, multiple BCC.