XAMPP Installation in Windows 7
Before running a PHP program, it is necessary to install Apache, Mysql, and PHP. Based on the operating system on top of which this three software are running, the server is classified. For example, Apache, Mysql, and PHP running in windows is called as WAMP, LAMP,MAMP packages and also called as SAMPs for Solaris system and FAMPs for FreeBSD platform.
Among those packages, some of them have cross platform compatibility where there is appropriate installer depends on the platform. For example, XAMPP which is one of the versions of WAMP package released in late 2012. This package includes the following:
- FileZilla FTP Server
- Strawberry Perl
- XAMPP Control Panel 3.1.0
It is one of the easiest packages to set up PHP environment for our machine with a minimal number of steps. In this article, we are going to see the step by step procedure of xampp installation process for windows 7.
- Visit the official website http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html and click Installer link to download the xampp installer.
- After complete download, double click on the installer.exe which will take to the installation wizard.
- In this wizard choose your language and click ok.
- Specify the path of your root directory to locate your htdocs folder where you have to save your PHP projects and then click Next.
- The next window will show some options to check regarding create a short cut for xampp control and then click Install.
- Wait for some time, until the installation process completed.
- Then run xampp-control.exe from the location \xampp\.
- After that, start Apache, Mysql and needed server using the xampp control panel which is as shown in the following figure.
- For the first time, windows firewall alert will be shown. For that click ‘Allow access’ to allow the server to communicate with the required network.
This XAMPP code tutorial was published on April 15, 2013.
↑ Back to Top